Tuesday, March 24, 2009

HEY JOE!!! Sampling Hendrix...is not working

Okay I told myself that when i started this blog
I would Not BASH on anyone
BUT dude, me being a BIG Hendrix fan
I could not live this one Down

I'm sorry Fat Joe, but its not working for me

Fat Joe Pictures, Images and Photos



Hey Joe - Fat Joe


I dig what you did bringing Classic Rock to Rap
I heard what you did
in the song "Hey Joe" he talks about a man Joe with a gun and how he is plotting to murder his wife b/c he caught her with another man

so Fat Joe used the Sample of Hendrix "Hey JOE, where you going with that Gun in your HAND"

I don't know who produced it but BIG UPS
I dig a good Classic Rock/Rap Mash-up
cuz that's what I listen to everyday

I see the thing your doing, I respect that your putting music that you used to bump back in the day, in your TUNES showing those that influenced you, or just made a huge impact in music!
I feel that its still to early to be sampling Classic Rock
I think this was an almost shot but the lyrics I heard I was not feeling

Sometimes you just have to leave it the way they were
R.I.P. Hendrix

Hendrix Pictures, Images and Photos





-DJ MWC

{LOVEit-or-LEAVEit}
**Setting my Alarm**
[TAKEno,MAKEno]